our mission and goals
Greenlight Clinic is a consortium of volunteer mental health practitioners that provide free and confidential mental health therapy for young people 14-26 years old in the San Francisco Bay Area so they may develop skills and behaviors to attain their personal goals. Greenlight Clinic provides post-graduate supervision and training for future mental health clinicians.
Young people, living in the Bay Area, can often experience confusion and conflict around age related issues, families, peers, school, finances, work, etc. These feelings often result in sadness, depression and anxiety. They can also lead to very serious consequences such as suicidal feelings, anger, and risk taking behaviors.
We help by providing:
- Improve quality of life for young people
- Develop awareness of their experiences
- Help them communicate their feelings
- Provide support in navigating through a crisis
- Facilitate a better understanding of their situation
- A licensed therapist or experienced interns
- Free 50 minute individual therapy sessions
- Issue-focused and age-focused group therapy
- Booster sessions to insure stability and safety
- Referrals to low fee community resources